Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Owling Autumn......

I have developed quite the fetish for owls.... I think they are the cutest, prettiest, coolest thing ever. Everywhere I look it is owls owls and I have to have them all.....



Finished some smaller projects for all the new mommys areound me.

This is the Aviatrix that I knit in Cascade 220. It is a bit bigger than expected - but better bigger than too small ;-)




And the Christmas presents are starting to roll off the needles. Squishy Love from Amanda Keeys' blog  - I love the pattern and I loooove her blog. Her pictures and pattern are just gorgeous and gives you that warm squishy feeling inside :-)

It is knit in leftover purple Cascade 220 and some leftover Aslan Trends Bariloche. The dinosaur buttons I bought a long time ago but never found use for them until now.

 

 Also, tiny soft socks in a cotton sock yarn from OnLine - they are so soft and warm.







 And of course - something for myself. Cowboy Cowl in blue Cash Iroha. Another absolutely-love pattern. I wear it every single day....




 Remember - all my projects are also available on my Ravelry site.

 ...... and the mail man and I are still best friends.

 A couple of months back I joined the Heisenberg Principle Sock Club at String Theory Colourworks
where they send an installment of surprise yarn every other month - love that kind of surprises. However, somehow my order got mixed up and I did not get my October installment (the first). I wrote the owners and they felt so bad that the compensated me by adding a mini skein in a combination colour and upgrading my shipment to "Priority Mail". That was just superb - thanx a lot to String Theory :-)





And then I just HAD to have the Orange Chokolade from Zauberwolle in that thinner yarn as well..... and some of that gorgeous Bombay by Katia - both from 123Knit



Well, as much as I love being best friends with the mail man - my wallet is not too good friends with him and I have decided on a Stash Buster Challenge:

  • no more yarn purchase......
  • In order to buy yarn, and I have to earn yards from my stash
  • Yards used will allow for a half the yards in purchase, meaning 200 yards used will permit me to purchase 100 yards.
  • All projects finished from October 2011 will count, no matter when they were started - this will encourage me to finish some of those UFO's.....
  • With each project I finish, I will make status
Follow the Stash Buster Challenge - right here the following months....

No comments: