Monday, February 7, 2011

February ChallengeS......

Before throwing my self at the newly purchased yarn - I finished up some 22,5 degrees. Blocking the project over the weekend left me with an absolutely gorgeous shawl - I am delighted it's still cold outside so I get to wear it for a month or more :-)

The pattern is another Ravelry stroke of genious and the pattern is available here.



I used just under 2 skeins of Aslan Trends Bariloche. The border is actually knitte scallops - I never did scallops knitted before - only chrochet - so this became my February challenge to my self. I used the designers own video tutorial on the You Tube to get the border right - it was surprisingly easy and I love the look of it :-)


Then for another challenge - I'm knitting a birthday gift for a colleague who had a baby 3 weeks ago. I fell in love with the Little Coffe Bean Dream and decided to knit it in leftover Drops Muskat on dusty rose and brown - and then.... I ran out of Brown (22) when the only thin left to knit is the buttonhole ribbing - arghhh. So I went on line and looked for it - found it on several on-line stores - so whats the big problem? you might want to ask - let me tell you: the problem is that I am cheap! The one skein of yarn i need costs DKK 26 (app. USD 4,25) but the postage is going to cost me DKK 56 (app. USD 10) - more than the doubls the price of the yarn to have it brought to my doorstep! No way - Jose! So now I have to roam the streets of Copenhagen looking for just that one skein that will make my little Coffe Bean Dream perfect - before Baby grows out of it - Now that's a challenge!

Here's a sneak peak at the Muskat missing cardi.