Monday, December 21, 2009

Beads cast on and cookied......

Enjoying the first day of my first vacation with the, a good book (The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown), and a new project cast on.

Have been wanting for a long time to cast on "Odessa" by Grumperina but I had a hard time finding just the right beads and yarn. At Gail Knits in Las Vegas I found the most gorgeous beads and then I just had to go with one of my absolute favourites in yarns: Mille Colori from Lang.

The pattern is fairly easy and easy to remember - I think the hardest and most time consuming part was to get all the beads on to the yarn.




This afternoon Isabel and I decided to make another batch of cookies since teh ones we made last week and were meant for Christmas has somehow already vanished....... Just to stay in the beads "spirit" we choose to do some rally good lemon-cookies with lime frosting and silver sugar-beads. And here is the result - yummy!



No comments: