Saturday, December 19, 2009

Damson on needles while King Winter drops by

I have really spent a lot of time trying to get the hang of Ravelry. To start with I don't think I really got the idea, but think I'm getting there....

We had a really warm November here in Denmark, but then all of a sudden the weather changed and King Winter and Jack Frost came hand in hand and snow fell from the skies like we hadn't seen for years. 65 cm in one night - traffic chaos and schools closed. Usually when it snows here, it melts away in a couple of days or it turns in to a brown, disgusting "molassis" - well, now 4 days later, the landscape is stille white and very "Christmasy". Hope it stays that way next week. Would be cool to actually experience a white Christmas.



In between all the work, I also had time to knit a bit. I checked out Ravelry for cool patterns to some of the great yarns that I bought in Vegas. It's really cool to just browse between hundreds of really nice projects for patterns.
I found the Damson that would go really great with my Misti Alpaca yarn.



And this is how it turned out.



No comments: